♦ Ashfield Transfer Station
• Location: West Side of Route 112 between Route 116 and Clesson Brook Road.
• Hours of Operation:
Thursdays 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
Saturdays 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sundays 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
• Hawley has an ongoing agreement with the Town of Ashfield (ToA) for the use of this facility. This agreement includes special pricing for Hawley residents, provided they purchase dump stickers and trash bags from the Hawley Town Office.
• Items that can be brought to the ToA Transfer Facility include . . .
• Kitchen Trash (in orange ToA bags), per standard pricing.
• Construction Debris (must fit "water-level" in the dumpster provided), pricing by the pickup truck load, with specific pricing for smaller items.
|For Recycling (ask the Tranfer Station Manager for the specific locations):
• Most plastics & glass.
• All Metals.
• Appliances (additional charge).
• Most paper & cardboard.
• Used Lubricating Oil
• Rubber tires (additional charge)
• Electronic Devices (additional charge)
• Electronic batteries and fluorescent bulbs.
• Leftover paint
• Metal paint cans
• Returnable glass, plastic and metal containers (separate collection location -- benefits Mohawk Regional High School Athletic Association).
• A dump permit is required to use the facility. ($25.00 per year for Hawley residents with $1.00 upcharge for second vehicle. Purchase at Hawley Town Office.)
• You must use ToA bags for kitchen trash. (First 10 bags are provided with permit; additional bags can be purchased in batches of 10 for $10.00 per batch, from the Town Office or from Greg Cox in East Hawley.)
• Plastics & glass can be mixed together but must be separate from paper, etc.
• Plastic bags must be disposed of with kitchen trash.
• All paper and cardboard boxes must be broken down.
• Flashlight and electronics batteries are disallowed.
• All items not listed here must be cleared with the Transfer Station Manager.
♦ The Franklin County Solid Waste Management District is a cooperative venture of 22 Towns that holds a number of annual collection events and provides services on an ongoing basis. Included in its programs and offerings are:
• Collection of household hazardous waste:
♦ As a resident of Hawley, you have access to at least six Household Hazardous Waste collection events each year.
• Semi-annual “Clean Sweep” Bulky Waste Collection.
If you have questions about how to dispose of a material, browse: http://franklincountywastedistrict.org/what_do_i_do_with.html. It is a comprehensive “What do I do with...” page on the FCSWMD website that provides recycling and disposal options for over 350 items. Also, click HERE for additional information.
|Contact Information:||Franklin County Solid Waste Management District
50 Miles Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
Tel: (413) 772-2438
Jump to Staff email addresses