Tinky Says . . .TIME TO FILE NOMINATION PAPERS
According to interim town clerk Donna Desmarais Lemoine, this coming Monday, March 20
, is the deadline to pick up and file nomination papers. She hopes some of you will consider running for office. Getting the necessary signatures will entail a last-minute dash, but it can be done!
Below are the positions that are up for election this year, along with their incumbents.
As far as Donna has told me, the only person who is not planning to run again is Rick Kean, who wishes to retire from the position of assessor. Please consider running for this important office.
The positions on this year’s ballot will be:
- Selectboard/Board of Health (3-year term; incumbent, Will Cosby)
- Town Clerk (3-year term; currently, Donna Lemoine)
- Auditor (1-year term; incumbent, Carla Clark)
- Assessor (3-year term; incumbent, Rick Kean)
- Hawlemont School Committee (3-year term; incumbent, Ken Bertsch)
- Representative to K-12 Committee for the Mohawk Trail School District (3-year term; incumbent, Scott Purinton)
- Moderator (1-year term; incumbent, Lark Thwing)
Again, you must pick up and file nomination papers by Monday, March 20
. (Email Donna at email@example.com
for more information.)
The last day to register to vote will be Tuesday, April 11
The election is scheduled for Monday, May 1
This entry was posted in Hawley News
. Bookmark the permalink