SPECIAL TOWN MEETING UPDATE — The Special Town Meeting was a very quick one, with unanimous votes in favor of all three Warrant articles. The following items of clarification were offered:
(1) The Town has determined that there are sufficient funds currently residing in reserves to cover the $180,000 purchase for the new truck, so no borrowing is anticipated. Any “left over” monies will go to repair of the damaged truck.
(2) The need for $8,000 to cover OSHA compliance costs came about as a result of new federal regulations regarding fuel and other liquid storage vessels.
(3) The $2,000 request for Fire Fighter Stipend resulted from an usually high number of Fire Department calls during fourth quarter, 2018.
The recent highway truck accident and two other issues have precipitated a Special Town Meeting, which has been scheduled by the Selectboard for 6:30 pm Wednesday, December 26. Included in the Town Meeting Warrant are the following fiscal items:
1. Borrowing of up to $180,000 from the Highway Stabilization Fund to repair or replace the damaged truck;
2. Transfer of $8,000 from Free Cash for OSHA compliance; and,
3. Transfer of $2000 from Free Cash to the Fire Fighter Stipend Account.
A .pdf copy of the Special Town Meeting Warrant can be downloaded HERE.