Registrar members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen, for three year terms.
They are chosen from the local Democratic and Republican political parties, with no more than two members from each party. The party enrollment of the Town Clerk affects the membership of the board, but the Town Clerk need not be enrolled in a political party.
Current Registrar members are:
- Donna Lemoine (Head Registrar & Town Clerk (Elected every three years)
- Daniel Hoyt term 04/23/thru 3/31/2024
- Melanie Poudrier 04/23/thru 3/31/2024
- John Sears 04/23/thru 3/31/2024
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
The Registrars are responsible for:
- Registering voters
- Making local listings of residents (voter lists and street lists)
- Certifying nomination papers and petitions
- Processing absentee voter applications
Details of Their Roles
- Handing out forms for petitions and nomination papers.
- Receiving them back from residents, verifying that they are returned by the specified date, and that each signature is accurate and matches the resident’s address.
- Verifying that the person signing is a registered voter.
- Submitting copies to the proper departments, such as State and local authorities.
- Filing all forms.