April 4, 2020
Dear Hawley Residents,
I hope this letter finds you all safe and well at home. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we are rescheduling the Annual Town Election to Monday, June 1, 2020 at this point.
The Annual Town Meeting will be the following week, on June 8th.
I am including an absentee ballot form for DOWNLOAD since we are encouraging all residents to vote by mail (Absentee Ballot) which will involve some different procedures. If you have more than one voter in your household feel free to make additional copies. If you are unable to make copies and need more forms, please request them from me via email: email@example.com or by phone: 413-339-4091.
Our goal is to have as many folks as possible vote by mail so that when election time comes we will have as small a crowd as possible so that we can all keep each other safe.
Once I receive your applications, I will send you the ballot(s) and envelopes needed to vote by Absentee Ballot.
Due to corona virus concerns, most of us did not go door to door with nomination papers as we usually do. Robert Root did and will be on the ballot for the Selectman/Board of Health (3 year term) position. For your reference, following are the incumbents who can be written in if you choose:
- Town Clerk (3 year term). Incumbent Pamela Shrimpton
- Auditor (1 year term). Incumbent Carla Clark
- Assessor (3 year term). Incumbent (Chair) Rick Kean
- Hawlemont School Committee (3 year term) Incumbent (previously appointed) Robert RootRepresentative
- K-12 Committee for MTRSD. (3 year term) Incumbent (previously appointed) Scott Purinton
- Moderator (1 year term). Incumbent Kirby “Lark” Thwing
When you have completed your ballot you can either mail it in or drop it in our new lockbox on the left side of the Town Hall.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions at all during this troubling time.
Hawley Town Clerk