The duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant / Assistant Treasurer include:
- Providing administrative support to the Board of Selectmen and Board of Assessors on an ongoing basis and to other Boards and Committees as needed;
- Producing the Annual Town Report and Town Meeting warrants, as required; and,
- Assisting the Treasurer with periodic and annual reports and adjustments, as well as serving as the Acting Treasurer as needed.
The Administrative Assistant keeps a regularly-scheduled presence at the Town Office, serving as a resource for townspeople. Sales of Transfer Station access permits and trash bags are a part of the Administrative Assistant’s duties. Office hours are listed below:
- Tuesday 1 pm – 5 pm
- Wednesday 10 am – 5 pm
- Friday 10 am – 5 pm
- By arrangement by calling (413) 339-5518 ⇒ For month-to-month changes and exceptions to this schedule, see Events & Meetings.
The Administrative Assistant / Assistant Treasurer is responsible for attending and providing administrative support for the following meetings:
- Board of Selectmen – every other Tuesday at 7:30 pm (at the Town Office)
- Board of Assessors – first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm (at the Town Office)
The Administrative Assistant / Assistant Treasurer also attends other meetings as are required by Town Officers.
On July 30, 2013, the Hawley Selectboard voted unanimously to approve an upgraded position description for the Administrative Assistant / Assistant Treasurer. Download that position description HERE.